6/20/09


Okay so I know I need to update my blog and so bear with me as I try to fill you all in and sort out the many thoughts roaming around in my head.
These past few weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions and changes. Last night I arrived in Texas with 2 body bags in hand. These body bags contain everything I will need for the next two years of my life. I’m not going to lie I felt a little weird waiting in
 line at the airport with these bags but all went well. This past week has definitely a hard week for me physically and emotionally. Physically I didn't get nearly enough sleep. As most of my friends will tell you my usual bedtime is 930 (yup I’m a loser) and usually I am up by 7a. Well let’s just say that over the past few weeks my average bedtime was 12a (thanks Annie..hehe jk) and wake up time was around 8am. Well low and behold my body didn't appreciate that much and now I am a little sick. Ugh! (PS read the directions on how to use Zicam before you use. Ouch!) And then emotionally this has been a tiring week because of the many hugs I have given to close friends and tears I have held back for those I will miss. All of these people will be in my prayers!
So now here I am about to start this adventure. Even though these past few weeks have been hard I know this is what God wants me to do.
To end this blog I would like to share with y’all (Texas is sinking in) a song that my Dad played at Immanuel Church with my church family hat totally hit my heart. The song is called “God of Justice”
God of Justice, Savior to all
Came to rescue the weak and the poor
Chose to serve and not be served
Jesus, You have called us
Freely we've received
Now freely we will give
We must go live to feed the hungry
Stand beside the broken
We must go
Stepping forward keep us from just singing
Move us into action
We must go
To act justly everyday
Loving mercy in everyway
Walking humbly before You God
You have shown us, what You require
Freely we've received
Now freely we will give
Fill us up and send us out
Fill us up and send us out
Fill us up and send us out Lord

1 comment:

Shauna and Ben said...

Hi Becca! I'm officially following your blog so you should def. update! I am so excited for you...what an adventure...but I know all to well how mixed these days of transition can be...excitement, sadness, joy, hope, doubt... and the list goes on and on. I'll be praying for you and I'll be looking for updates to know how to continue to pray. All of God's best to you! Love, Shauna